Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011
Leaving Santa some Treats!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

To Good To Be True???

Things have been going quite well for us--ALMOST to well. When asked how Gabe is, Greg and I are almost to scared to say GREAT!!
On Wednesday, I got to kangaroo hold Gabe again. Sometimes in pictures Gabe looks bigger than he really is. SO, here is a picture of him in my hands. Its hard to see Gabe's face with c-pap machine on him. I have started calling it the Rhino mask.

They think that since Gabe is stable enough, that we will start holding him every other day (when possible). Since I have held him a few times now, I think I will let Greg have a turn every now and then. Here is a picture of Greg and I with Gabe.

It seems werid how fast and well things are going. Things were always SO SLOW with Jacob. Jacob took MANY detours off the path to going home. Gabe seems to be staying on the path. Maybe he knows that home is a fun place. Maybe he knows that Jacob has tons of Hot Wheels, and he wants to play too!!
Gabe is hanging out at 1 lb 12 oz. He is now up to 4 cc's on breast milk and he will be up to 5 cc's by the end of today. And may I add, I ABSOLUTELY hate pumping!!! Gabe is quite active. He lets you know when he DOES NOT like something. He loves to sleep on his tummy. And sometimes he cracks his eyes, looks to see who's around, and then closes them back. His second brain scan came back, and again it showed NO signs of a brain bleed. THANK GOD!!!
When I went to visit Gabe today (friday), I had a nice little surprise. Gabe is now on a nasal cannula. He is doing quite well on it. It is nice to actually be able to see his face. We know that this may not last long term, but its nice to know that he is doing it right now with no problems.

Jacob is having a hard time dealing with the fact I am not at school with him. From the time he gets home from school, until he leaves for school the next morning, I have to hear how much he wants to stay home with me. And yes, there have been tears.
Funny Jacob story..... He was talking to my mom on the phone last night. He asked her where she was. She told him that her and my dad were eating at Red Lobster. Jacob told her how much he missed eating out and that we never get to go eat out anymore. My mom asked him why, if it was because I was not feeling well. Jacob replied, "I don't know she's just always in her PJ's when I get home from school." And I am in my PJ's by usually 2pm.

Jacob has only since Gabe the day he was born. It looks like it will be April before he can go into the NICU to visit. Since we don't have grandparents close, there has been lots of trying to figure out what to do with him. When Jacob was in the NICU, I went during the day. Then Greg and I both went back at night. With Jacob at home, we are unable to do this. Since Greg works from home, he takes a long lunch and we go at lunch.
Thank You for all the prayers that have been sent up in our name. Please continue to remember us. Saturday will be 2 weeks since our journey began.

1 comment:

  1. He is soo precious! I'm sorry Tasha, but I see Greg in him. Maybe when he starts to fill out more he will look like you. I'm hoping for brown eyes. Still praying for you and your family of men/boys. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers