Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011
Leaving Santa some Treats!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gabriel William Adkins

We have a name. We have been stalked by family, friends, relatives, hospital employees and insurance people asking for a name. To me, a name is important. When you choose a name, you have to think does it make a good kids name? Does it make a good adult name? Does it make a good grandparent name? My name was a good kid name and a good adult name. I really don't think it will make a good grandparent name. Grandma Tasha, doesn't have a ring to it at all. ANYWAY....We chose Gabriel William. Gabriel means God's able-bodied one and William means determined. We will call him Gabe for short. When I told Gabe his new name, he small little hand grabbed my finger. It was sealed then as his name. Yes, its a Big name for a little boy. I feel that this name will fit him and his situation in life.
Gabe has had a good day today. I was able to change his diaper, touch him and take his temperature. Yes, they have diapers for 1 lb babies.
He was switched to a different type of vent. Jacob was also this type of vent for a little while-Jacob hated it, but Gabe LOVES it. It reminds me of a quarter bed at a cheap hotel. Gabe did lose a little weight since birth. This is to be expected. He is down to 1 lb 9 oz. Gage has TONS of hair on his head and body. You can already see his eyebrows. They are just like his daddy's-bushy. And he has long eyelashes. I think he will also red hair in the near future. We don't know the color of his eyes yet. He is still like a baby kitten, and hasn't opened his eyes. I am holding out hoping that eye color will be brown like mine. But I am sure he will have blue eyes like his daddy and his big brother. I think we will have another mini Greg. Maybe Gabe will have my dimples just like Jacob does.
Life for Gabe is day by day. Today can be an excellent. And tomorrow can be a WHOLE different story. There will be alot of one step forwards and 3 steps back. Everyday will be a different day. Greg and I are no strangers to heartache and disappointment when it comes to life with a micro-preemie. Our prayer and hope is that we have an easy road this time. That in May, we will walk out of the NICU with our Gabe.
Please continue to lift us up in your prayers. And please pray that our NICU journey will be short and full of success in everything that happens in the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. Tasha and Family,
    This brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for ya'll and glad that you have faith. I will continue to pray for your family daily.
    With Love, Kira Gamble and family

    ReplyDelete

Followers