Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011
Leaving Santa some Treats!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 13th, 2010

Our second son has arrived!! Alot earlier than expected, but still here. He still doesn't have a name, but I promise--we are working on it!! His weight was 1 lb 11 oz. And he was 12 3/4 inches long. Jacob was born at 1 lb 2 oz and 12 inches long. So, needless to say, Thing 2 is bigger than his big brother was at birth. The blood flow from the placenta to the baby was not where it should be. And my blood pressure was starting to go up. Rather than letting me lay there have the baby and I suffer, the decision was made to take the baby.
Jacob was allowed to see him for a few minutes. Kids under the age of 13 can not go into the NICU during RSV season. That is going to make things a little difficult for the next few months, but we will manage. Jacob thinks he is the best little brother ever. And he said he loves him very much already!
Today, I was able to see the baby three times. His oxygen is only a little above room air (we breath 21%). His vent setting is only at 20 bpm. Meaning, that the vent is only giving him 20 breathes per minute, and he is doing the rest. He is not "eating" yet. But I have started to pump breast milk. No, I don't have alot of milk yet, but it is starting to come in. At first he will only get 1-5 cc's of milk at a time.
Most of the time this is considered "the honeymoon phase". Everything can seem like its great and grand, BUT things can change quickly!! Greg and I know that from experience!! Our hope is for a short, boring NICU stay. Thing 2 seems stronger that Jacob did. Hopefully he will be home by his due date of May 14th.
I do have pictues, but don't have a way to upload them. I promise to do that soon. I am still in the hospital, and maybe in here a few more days. The doctor has not made his decision yet. My blood pressure has went down ALOT. So much so, that they are thinking of decreasing my medicine.
On a side note, Greg got me the most BEAUTIFUL yellow roses today. I will post pictures of them. This is only the 6th time he has ever gotten me flowers. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers