Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011
Leaving Santa some Treats!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life

Today has been a very emotional day. This morning Jacob had an eye doctor appt. This is the same eye doctor that he saw when he was a baby. Jacob vision is not the best. Even with glasses, it is not corrected to 20/20 or even close. With his eye sight as it stands now, Jacob will never be allowed to have drivers licenses. Yes, I know he is only 8-but this is a child who is already talking about the kind of car he will drive and where the first place he will go when he gets his licenses. The sad reality is he will never be able to get in a car and drive anywhere. That breaks my heart. So much of life is about reaching mile stones-like your licenses. I just pray that in the next 6-7 yrs they come out with a surgery that will correct his vision completely.

I am very glad that I was chosen to be Jacob's mother. But, it has not been an easy job. Things that are taken easily for granted...like breathing and eating, have NEVER been easy for him. To this day we struggle with issues that he has had from birth. I am glad that he is here with us. I just wish he was a typical "easy" child and I didn't have to say DAILY, "Jacob eat and drink your milk", "Please stop crying, you HAVE to go to school", "Put your glasses on", "Where is your hearing aid?", "Did you eat all of your snack AND drink your milk", "Cough", "I know you don't like this medicine, but you have to take it", "If you don't eat more, they WILL put the feeding tube back in", "You have to practice your eye exercises", "Yes, you have a doctors appt today", "I'm sorry, but you have to take this shot everyday", and "Keep trying, you will get it."
Yes, Life is a long hard journey. I just wish I knew where the rest areas were.

1 comment:

  1. sniff, sniff, this made me cry....
    Of course... I have been very emotional since you called me last Friday night to tell me of the horrible day you had. He is our miracle and we love him and accept him just as he is.... God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Followers