WOW! Its been a long time since I have updated my blog. Gabe is now almost 8 months old. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!!!
I am not sure of Gabe's weight. Since he is so healthy, we do not have to go to the dr every month like we did with Jacob. BUT we did put him on the home scales and it looks like he is around the 14 1/2 pounds mark. To say that he eats well, is a BIG understatement.
In August, He had a hernia repair. He did great except for the fact, he does not like to miss a meal. We went back for the follow up visit, and the dr even commented on how he looks as if he gets ALL of his meals and then some.
Gabe is now eating cereal, fruits and veggies. He likes his cereal with a little fruit mixed in. He loves pears, apples and bananas. He HATES peaches!!! And he doesn't know why I continue to give them to him. He loves carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. We have not tried anything green yet. They just look nasty to me!!! He wishes he could eat sweet potatoes all of the time!!!
Gabe has started to roll over to his tummy. He would like to know what the big deal is. He can't see much on his tummy, so he prefers to be on his back or sides. He is now sitting unsupported for 10-15 seconds at a time. He is right on track with his development with his due date. And you can get him to do almost ANYTHING if food is involved.
Jacob has now finished up the 1st 9 weeks of school. At the beginning I didn't think we would see 4th grade. BUT as the weeks went on, we got into a rountine and it looks like we just might survive 3rd grade.
Jacob has had his 2nd set of tubes put in his ears. Jacob has some hearing loss. Hearing loss that does require a hearing aide. He does not like his hearing aide. He complaines and says it makes everyone loud. Of course, he picked out a red hearing aide that has a red ear piece. It looks like Big Red chewing gum is stuck in his ear. He has yet to wear it to school this year. We are hoping that the tubes will help his hearing improve.
I did not go back to work this fall. I am again a stay at home mom. It seems busier this time around. I guess with an older school age child it would be. My day is planned around Gabe's eating and Jacob's school times. I really do miss my co-workers, BUT I could not imagine not being at home with Gabe like I was with Jacob. I still do get to see some of my former co-workers. I just don't have to be there at 645 in the morning to see them :)
This summer we made a family trip to St. Louis. Greg took Jacob to his 1st Major League Ballgame. HE LOVED IT!! The game had a 3 hour rain delay and went into several overtimes. They did not make it back to our hotel room until 1am. Both said it was fun and worth it.
We went to the zoo, the Arch, Budweiser, Grant's Farm and to the City Museum. The City Museum has a Wonderful playground on top of the building...aka the roof!!! It was cool and I think Greg had as much fun there as Jacob did ;)
My favorite time of the year is upon us. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween. Its the only day of the year when you can be whatever you want to be, and its OK. Jacob plans on being an Alabama Football player (no surprise) and Gabe will be a little Monkey since he is our Monkey Boy!!
I will try harder to update more often.......


No comments:
Post a Comment