Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011
Leaving Santa some Treats!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jacob is 11!!!

On April 26th our oldest, Jacob, turned 11--WOW---11!! Its hard to imagine that in a few years we will have a teenager. It seems like only yesterday I saw him for the 1st time. I mean REALLY saw him.
Jacob was born at 26 wks. I was quite sick and he was 2 days older before I was allowed to go see him. He was VERY small, had tubes everywhere and looked like an alien. I remember asking the nurse, " Are you sure he's alive?" The last 11 yrs have been filled with ups and downs. I praise God that there has been more ups rather than downs. Jacob has had over 20 surteries in his life. And a few still yet to come. I am thankful for a child who works hard, even though at times he struggles. Those A's, B's & C's are badges of honor. When you are told you preemie has a brain bleed, you wonder and worry about their quality of life. His quality is high (and at times, expensive). Yes, he has a touch of CP. But he practices running, jumping and climbing so that it isn't noticeable in PE, his favorite class.
Eleven years ago we were not given much hope. But God gave us more than hope. He gave us a miracle. Happy Birthday to our JacobJoe--You are My Sunshine!!
Isaiah 43:1 "But now, this is what the LORD says--he who created you , O Jacob, he who formed you, O Isreal: "Fear no, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; YOU ARE MINE."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers