Its been a while since I have updated my blog. Work is REALLY cutting into my leisure and internet time.
Gabe is doing wonderful!! He is taking the bottle beautifully. On Tuesday his bottle was increased to 2 times a day. That way he can get fed by the speech therapist during the day, and I can feed him at night. Last night he took his bottle for me in 19 minutes. It had 35 cc's in it-a little over an ounce. He was quite mad when he was unable to suck the VERY last little bit out. Yes, I think I have an eater on my hands. When I take the bottle away from him to burp him, he takes his itty bitty hands and pulls my hand back with the bottle.
Gabe is now up to 4 lbs 1 oz. In a few more ounces, we will leave the incubator behind and move to an open crib. This past weekend, Gabe was moved to the 8th floor. This is his last stop until he gets to go home.
Several people have asked how much he has to weigh in order to go home. There is really not a set limit. The main things now are getting him to eat ALL of his bottles (8 a day) and for him to have his oxygen turned down and then off. He is on very little oxygen and the flow is also low. I have already brought a baby home with oxygen before. I would LOVE to not have to do that again.
My due date was May 17th. We are hoping that we will be able to bring him home, oxygen free, sometime around then. Thanks for all you prayers. They are working!! Miracles still do happen. And I never thought I would be the mother to two of them!


He sure is growing!!!!! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteTake Care Michelle W.