Gabe has had a GREAT week. He is up to 2 lbs 10 oz. He is also 14 1/2 inches long. I am hoping he is able to wear clothes by Easter.
Gabe did have a spot come up on the side of his face in his hairline. It was tested for MRSA and any other type of infection. It came back negative-Thank God. As of Sunday, it looks WONDERFUL!! Even the scabs are gone! He spent about 3 days in a oxygen hood in order to give his head time to heal. Here is a picture of him in his "hood".
On Sunday, he was put back on the nasal cannula. It has been nice to be able to hold him the last 2 days. He likes to be held so that he can see. I think he might be nosey like his big brother.
Gabe had his eye exam, and his eyes look good. The nurse said he DID NOT like the eye exam at ALL. That his cry was so loud that you would have thought he was a big baby, not a 2 lb baby. I wish I would have been there. The same eye doctor visits Centennial from Jacob's time. He even done an eye surgery on Jacob in the NICU on July 4th, 2001. I know he has to remember a holiday "surprise" surgery.
Being a preemie and being on oxygen is not always the best thing for your eyes. Hopefully Gabe will have better eye sight than Jacob does. And I want have to keep up with 2 pair of glasses.
We are still waiting until the time when Jacob can go in and see Gabe. Jacob wrote him a note. It is the cutest thing!
Greg starts a new job on Monday-my dining room will no long be his messy office. I go back to work in 3 weeks. And Jacob's baseball season has started. Hopefully, all things will work out so that we are still able to go see Gabe daily. It makes me sad to think I may have to go a day or even two without seeing him. Jacob may have to learn what a babysitter is.


No comments:
Post a Comment